Small movements everyday and large movements on a journey. The Backpack V2 is our best realization to date for a bag that seamlessly transforms from travel use to everyday carry. We have made a number of revisions that significantly improve the bag’s usefulness in these two states. Strategic placement of 2.92 oz and 5.0 oz DCF results in a bag with incredible adaptability and durability, yet remains super lightweight and weatherproof. The new independent laptop section makes it easy to move between work and play. The new Fidlock buckles on the roll top enable simple and magnetically guided operation with a single action.
- 35L (Maximum Capacity)
- 795g (1.75lbs)
- 50cm [70cm fully expanded] × 30cm × 18cm (19.7” [27.6” fully expanded] x 11.8” x 7.1”)
- Primary Materials: DCF 5.0 oz & DCF 2.92 oz (5.0 oz - Front, back, bottom [2 layers], top of roll top / 2.92 oz - Side, Roll top, Shoulder straps, inside front pocket)
- Hardware & Secondary Materials: YKK AquaGuard Matte Zippers, Fidlock Buckles, Stretch Fabric (Made in Japan)
- Laptop section fits up to a MacBook Pro 16”
- The bottle holder pockets comfortably fit a Klean Kanteen 473ml (16oz) water.
- DCF has been upgraded from 2.92 oz to a combination of 2.92 and 5.0 oz, strategically placed for increased durability while keeping the bag lightweight
- Updated removable sternum strap with Fidlock hardware
- The bottom of the pack is now reinforced with two layers of 5.0 oz DCF a one layer of four-way stretch material for extra durability and improved stability
- Added a quick access zippered pocket on the inner top back for keeping small, often-used items handy
- Added two external four-way stretch bottle holder pockets
- New side-loading independent laptop section for quick access; laptop section is padded and suspended from the Backpack’s bottom; fits up to a MacBook Pro 16”
- Upgraded to a thicker EVA frame sheet for enhanced support and comfort; removable
- Completely redesigned shoulder straps for better fit, streamlined aesthetics and improved comfort with new soft and smooth fabric on inner side of straps; less abrasive to clothing
- Features a new compression system that automatically expands and compresses while remaining hidden
- Redesigned inner front pocket layout, featuring new stretch fabric resulting in softer feel and more muted use
- Built-in strap management controls excess webbing
- The new Fidlock buckles on each side of the roll top enable simple and magnetically guided operation with a single action
- When the roll top is completely open, the Fidlock buckles can be easily secured to the roll top so that it does not shake during use
About Dyneema® Composite Fabric (DCF)
We use DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric) as the main material in the Shift. DCF is a patented, ultralightweight fabric made of flexible non-woven composite laminates which are reinforced with Dyneema® fibers.
The fabric is costly but with good reason. It's ultralight, 15x stronger than steel and waterproof. Yet DCF provides the highest tear and tensile strength of any competing fabric on a weight-by-weight/thickness basis. It’s used in projects that demand the absolute best in ultralight and waterproof fabrics for high-performance activities.
Care Details for DCF
DCF is a material that is extremely resistant to stretching though more prone to piercing and puncture. Contact with sharp objects or abrasions in the same areas for extended periods can lead to deterioration of the fabric.
Leaving the material in a prolonged wet or damp state may lead to peeling or delamination of the polyester and Dyneema® layers. Please be sure to fully dry before storing the bag.
About auxiliary materials
Nylon tape and elastic fabric used inside may be changed to materials with similar properties without notice. Please understand.