Small movements everyday and large movements on a journey. A bag that can be used daily but also for travel. We have made a number of revisions that significantly improve the bag’s usefulness in these two states. Now featuring 5.0 oz DCF, the bag is tougher yet still ultralight and highly weather resistant. The new independent laptop section makes it easier than ever to navigate between work and play.
*Pictured Attachment Type A & B are not included and must be purchased separately.
"The Shift Series connects city and nature. The light weight and minimal design thrive in urban activities. Strong water resistance and rugged durability respond to unpredictable situations in nature. The high performance of the material is disguised by its soft texture, which is similar to “Washi,” traditional Japanese handmade paper. It becomes softer with use it and seamlessly blends into many different situations. With one bag, you can work comfortably in all environments and shift your actions immediately."
47cm x 28cm x 16cm (18.5” x 11” x 6.3”)
Primary Material: 5.0 oz DCF
Hardware & Secondary Materials: YKK AquaGuard Matte Zippers, Fidlock Buckle, Stretch Fabric (Made in Japan)
Laptop section areas fits up to 16” MacBook Pro.
Choose with or without an outer bottle holder. (If you select none, a bottle holder will be attached inside.)
The bottle holder is compatible with Klean Kanteen's 473ml (16oz).
- Upgraded DCF from 2.92 oz to 5.0 oz for increased durability
- The bottom of the pack is now reinforced with two layers of 5.0 oz DCF with elastic material in between for extra durability and improved stability
- Added two external four-way stretch pockets (*Option to build without pockets for those seeking an even more minimalist design)
- New top-loading independent laptop section with organizer pockets for tech essentials; laptop section is lightly padded and suspended from the Daypack’s bottom; fits up to a MacBook Pro 16”
- Increased carry capacity to 22L (from 17L) with minimal increase in footprint
- Completely redesigned shoulder straps for better fit, streamlined aesthetics and improved comfort with new stretch fabric on inner side of straps; less abrasive to clothing
- Updated removable sternum strap with Fidlock hardware
- New stretch fabric used for internal pockets results in softer feel and more muted use
- Built-in strap management controls excess webbing
About Dyneema® Composite Fabric (DCF)
We use DCF (Dyneema® Composite Fabric) as the main material in the Shift. DCF is a patented, ultralightweight fabric made of flexible non-woven composite laminates which are reinforced with Dyneema® fibers.
The fabric is costly but with good reason. It's ultralight, 15x stronger than steel and waterproof. Yet DCF provides the highest tear and tensile strength of any competing fabric on a weight-by-weight/thickness basis. It’s used in projects that demand the absolute best in ultralight and waterproof fabrics for high-performance activities.
Care Details for DCF
DCF is a material that is extremely resistant to stretching though more prone to piercing and puncture. Contact with sharp objects or abrasions in the same areas for extended periods can lead to deterioration of the fabric.
Leaving the material in a prolonged wet or damp state may lead to peeling or delamination of the polyester and Dyneema® layers. Please be sure to fully dry before storing the bag.
About auxiliary materials
Nylon tape and elastic fabric used inside may be changed to materials with similar properties without notice. Please understand.